The countdown for Wallonia's participation at the MEDICA 2021 trade fair has begun. The event will take place this year in Düsseldorf between 15 and 18 November 2021 following the 2020 virtual edition.
MEDICA is a crucial event for the medical sector and has been firmly established in every experts' calendar for 40 years. It is in fact the largest medical trade fair in the world, attracting many thousands of exhibitors from more than 50 countries to its halls.
Furthermore, each year leading figures in business, research and politics come together here, as well as tens of thousands of experts and national and international decision-makers from the sector.
The trade fair and its ambitious programme will present a full range of innovations for ambulatory and clinical care.
Other points of interest to the event are the forums and Conferences covering, throughout the duration of the trade fair, varied medical-technological and innovative subjects as well as the MEDICA START-UP PARK where new innovative businesses will be presenting the trends of medical technology of the future.
This year, Wallonia will be at the trade fair in force, alongside other regions from Belgium, demonstrating its excellence and expertise in the medical sector.
Out of the collectives organised by the Wallonia Export-Investment Agency (AWEX), 30 Walloon companies spread out over 3 halls of the trade fair will also present their expertise and innovative solutions within various areas such as:
- Developing solutions and diagnostic technologies (VOLITION, CORIS BIOCONCEPT, D-TEK, NANO FLOW, G-FLEX);
- Manufacturing precision micro equipment (LASEA, MIRMEX);
- Manufacturing reagents used in immunoturbidimetry (DIAGAM);
- Conceiving innovative monoclonal antibodies (SYNABS);
- Producing treatments and medical devices and/or therapy (DYNAMIC RESEARCH INTERNATIONAL, ETS INTERCO, NOA TECHNOLOGIES, ALVALUX, WILL-PHARMA, 3D-SIDE);
- Developing products and disinfectant solutions and/or sterilisation (STERISYS, ANALIS, IOTCO);
- Creating facilities linked to engineering life sciences (TEXERE);
- Developing communication tools and digital solutions targeting experts in the medical sector and patients (DELTATEC, QbD, COMUNICARE, MASANA, MINTT, ONCOMFORT);
- Creating devices for use in the medical, cosmetic and dermocosmetic sector (ALAN & CO, HAULIGA, CEREPHARMA, SMI);
- Applied research (SIRRIS).
Please note that some of the areas mentioned aim to tackle the current COVID-19 pandemic, whether through disinfection methods or screening tests.
Finally, it is important to mention that, for the first time, AWEX and the Walloon companies will have a stand in the COMPAMED section (product/service providers for the medical sector) and there will be a spot specifically focussing on new health companies which will present their products and solutions (MintT, Oncomfort, Comunicare).
More information :
Gisèle Marien | Area Manager Export (Allemagne et Autriche) - T 32-2-421.87.09